Child, Adolescent, and Family Therapy
Is this the experience you are having?
- You feel worried, concern or out of answers because of the depressed, anxious or out of control behavior patterns your child is showing.
- You feel overwhelmed, frustrated or fatigued by the daily drama's or issues that are coming up at home and/or from school.
- You are totally burned out by all the arguing and the avoiding going on in the house.
If your child is struggling with any of the following:
- Depression, high anxiety, or inflicting self harm.
- Adjustment issues related to divorce, blended family issues, or loss of a loved one.
- Adjustment issue related to other significant changes or a traumatic event.
- Being bullied or has been labeled a bully.
- Perfectionism, peer, academic or athletic pressures.
- Addiction issues or problems with alcohol, drugs, or other risky behavior
- Major behaviors related to diagnoses such as: Autism, ADHD, ADD, ODD, bipolar disorder, PTSD, or RAD.
- Significant social or sensory processing challenges that interfere with day to day functioning.
I can help you child and your family to:
- Feel more calm, confident and connected.
- Bring more peace, love, and playfulness back into your home.
- Learn new life skills and strategies that will support you child to develop a deep sense of inner wealth, ability to handle difficult feelings and emotions safely, and have healthier relationships.
During our work together, I will:
- Provide you, your child and family with a place of safety and belonging to support your open self expression, healing, and optimal learning.
- Infuse a fluid balance between exploration and action.
- Focus more upon character development, strengths and solutions more than upon diagnosis and problems.
- Engage you, your child and family with active listening, applicable education, gentle guidance, playful challenge and encourage new ways of interacting, communicating, and solving problems.
I believe there is no greater transformational leadership than the role of a parent.
For this reason, individual counseling sessions for children and teens will include session time with the parents or caregivers and other family members as appropriate. I may also request supplemental parenting appointments in order to optimally support the goals you have for your child or family.
Your involvement is a key to this transformational collaborative process.
I will support you to create a renewed relationship with your child so you can propel your child to thrive mentally and emotionally. It is my goal to engage you and your family in learning new skills and strategies through active engagement that will support your child and family with continued healing, growth, and connected loving relationship long after the therapeutic relationship ends.
$150.00 for 90 minute Initial Intake Assessment
$100.00 per 60 minute Individual Session
$150.00 per 90 minute Family Session